Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Notorious Pirate Gangsters

Left The Cave today. Took off and spent time with Bradysan. Got totally ripped on iced coffee. Then we met Big Granny up at Papa Nicks for an XL Hawaiian minus the ham plus the bacon. Ham is gross yo, bacon rules. Our waitress looked like Scarlett Johansson. She was really excited to be our waitress too.

There's a new The Joint column in this week's FREE TIMES. This one is about an escape attempt. I was able to get the illustration for this one done in color, and I'm so glad I did. I picked up a copy today and it looks awesome on the page. Here it is all huge for you, the internet reader.



I really want to start hammering down doing more single illustrations for the columns. I've pulled it off a couple of times. The thing is the column just lends itself so well to using the language of comics to charge the points and get that across. I'm pretty happy with how this week's came out, but I feel like it's stuck half way between the two approaches. It's something I guess I'd really like to get better at.

You can stream Parts & Labor's new record, Mapmaker, on their VIRB page. I recommend you do so. It's insanely different from Stay Afraid, but I think I like it.

Next up is a flyer for YUKON, a flyer for Wake Up, and pages pages pages pages pages.

No comments: