Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Named Permanently Galli-Moto

Just a sketch today. This, minus the zip-a-tone, is a sketch I did to throw in with a copy of Caveman Diaries Number Five that somebody ordered.



Took a trip to Chicago over the weekend, and it totally kicked my ass. Went there to see my three siblings, who were all in the same place at the same time for the first time in five years. Got the special treat of seeing Big Business at the Empty Bottle, Joe Matt at Quimby's, and hanging out with a few old friends that I don't see nearly enough of. I think I'm going to try and write a long form piece about it, but we'll see.

My baby niece and toddler nephew are insanely awesome little people. My nephew had a hand made toy called Galli Moto from 10000 Villages that was basically a little wire man with two wheels on the end of a long wire. When pushed along the ground, the wheels made his legs pedal. Apparently he thought my two wheels made me similar, so he called me Galli Moto.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i really like the gritty pulpiness of this image.

i'm always impressed when people can make something really awesome with just B/W when it takes allot of us all those freaking colors to make it interesting.

i've been meaning to go to chicago for about a hundred years now and you totally reminded me.

at any rate - cool piece!

^___^

&Rew.