Monday, July 09, 2007

Nasty Plaster Gargantuan



So, I'm lacking an internet connection in The Cave for the moment. I'll get it back up and running soon enough, but in the meantime I'm looking forward to less distractions and the frustration of having to run around taking advantage of the free wifi locations in my hood and beyond.

Hindsight being 20/20, I'm not entirely sure what's going on in the layout of the pictured above. I think the idea was mostly just to draw a burning city, then I threw in that girl to break it up a little. Not sure how much I like the cropping of it, maybe should have had her reading the magazine. It was a graduation gift for my dude LEE SCHOCH, who will be going to Fire Fighter School in the fall.







I did some artwork for the St. Clair Superior Development Corp. They're having a scavenger hunt in the neighborhood and these are part of the promotion of it all. The postcard, I'm not sure where those are going to be, but I hope around... the scans are from an insert to the recent issue of Norther Ohio Live.

Also, this has nothing to do with me, but apparently it's the year of the pig. So yeah, Happy Chinese New Year! To celebrate I guess the St. Clair Superior Development Corp. got the mythic artist Viktor Schreckengost to design a big ass PIG SCULPTURE for a bunch of other area artists to decorate and make pretty so they can leave them around for the public. Hey, It's public art.

Anyway, thanks to BECCA for hooking me up with the illustration gig.

Been having relatively awesome adventures lately. I think I'll save some of that reportage for the next post later this week, but summer has exploded into happening and it's gone full nasty buckwild. I've also got a post about the ridiculous amount of Samurai movies I've been watching. So stay tuned.

No comments: