Monday, June 25, 2012

Melt, The June That Was

There are very few days left to get yourself to Melt and get one of these amazing Banh Mi sandwiches. I gotta be honest, I've had a LOT of Melt specials over the last five years of grilled cheese madness, but this one might be my new favorite. It's so fresh and delicious, the flavor combinations are incredible. The sandwich has shaved roasted pork, pickled carrots and daikon, fresh cucumber, vegetable paté, ginger cilantro pesto, and Havarti cheese. I had the vegan version with the tofu instead of pork, and the vegan cheese, it really really hit the spot and made me feel so good. I guess it's pork season. I did not have this one, but I heard good things. Jolt Cola Braised Pork, Harrisa Spread, Red Leaf Lettuce, Cucumber Fennel Slaw with Orange Basil Dressing, and Pepper Jack Cheese. It sounds pretty awesome. Any time there's slaw on a sandwich is good time to be eating a sandwich. I just now got hit with some fierce deja vu as I typed that sentence. Weird. I really wanted to draw a crazy brutal Tyrannosaur for this poster, but ran out of time and had to just bunker down and accept being clever over being brutal. Sometimes being clever is good. Would have been awesome to draw a Tyrannosaur though. Maybe next year? Here's the table card with the dessert menu. Our heroes have their new summer haircuts. Also, I would like to point out to you all the Wookie's Revenge Bread Pudding: Rich chocolate and banana bread pudding chock full of hickory smoked bacon and chunks of Reese's peanut butter cups. Topped with a chocolate peanut butter glaze and toasted coconut and garnished with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, coconut flakes and crumbled bacon. That's a dessert. You can order. And EAT. I kind of want to order it just to SEE. Lastly, here's an ad I drew for Mentor Magazine. The Great Cheese Wave of the early 2000s continues, and hit's Mentor, Ohio in October! Again, this was a really quick jam and I felt like I wanted to do something else, but all said and done, I really like the final piece! I think it'll look awesome as a full page in the magazine. Now I just gotta find a way to get a copy!

No comments: