Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bloodyminded



Uh, hey look, it's another flyer. Lately, I have been beating my head against the wall creatively. I have no idea what it is, but I'm totally in an idea dry-spell. I have all this unfinished business, and no job, and I'm kinda freaking out because I can't sleep.

Bloodyminded is from Chicago, and this promises to be a pretty wicked show. I just saw one of the best performances of the year so far at Inside/Outside. Evolution Revolution was pretty amazing. I went in not knowing exactly what to expect, and was surprised as hell. They have a great presence, hightened by the singer/guitarist in full wolf costume. Their songs are pop as hell, but really really good and fun. It was so refreshing and inspiring to see, which may have been compounded by the fact that there were maybe 15 other people there. Most of which were in the other bands that played. They have a fifty-some page book with a five song CD available for $10. It's a collection of drawings and poetry and such. I highly recommend it, getting in touch with them through their MySpace page is probably your best bet.

1 comment:

Mike Hawthorne said...

I think some of an artist's best ideas can come from that frustrated feeling of not moving forward.

This is my favorite of all the flyers you've done. Just hits you like a brick.

Mike