Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Victory At Sea, Knife Crazy


I got this gig for this flyer and it turns out the show is on the giutarist from Knife Crazy, Vic's 30th birthday. So the request was to somehow incorporate that into the flyer. I decided early that doing a woman popping out of a cake might be a good idea, but it was only after sketching for two hours that I landed on the idea of giving the woman six arms and having her holding knives. I went through so many bad ideas, from giving her a cat head to making it a dude with horns. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes. You gotta just keep on drawing until lightning stikes.

Speaking of lightning... I don't know if anybody actually reads this blog, but just in case, I'd like to call attention to a blog I've had in my links for a while. Eric Canete has been keeping up posting the most rad sketches ever on his Discard blog. I'm ever impressed and inspired by his work, most recently the covers to the NYC Mech: Beta Love series that Image published. So, check him out, it's worth a look.

No comments: