Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Friends & Enemies



In the beginning, things get rough. There's an even rougher thumbnail out there, but I didn't scan it. I probably should have to give you all a better impression of just how rough these things can get. I dunno, I've had this image in my head for a while, but the opportunity never presented itself to throw down.



Cleaning things up slightly, I leave a lot to the inking. I'm really comfy inking, so I know that when I get down, I'm gonna get down. So, there's that.



Now, looking at this in this state, I kinda wish I had taken the initiative to make it look more underwater-y. Like, a sunken ship, or more fish. I dunno, also, I should have done a better job showing that the dude in the suit is indeed a skeleton. I dunno if that comes across. Other than that, I think this came out fucking fun and killer. I like the mermaid, and that octopus hanging back in the cut.



I draw the text separately because it simplifies EVERYTHING. I had to learn that the hard way. I do really like when the bands and info are on the original art, but it really comes down to economy of time and how best to make good posters fast. Anyway, I think everything is spelled right and I didn't leave anything out.

Deadly Weapons is the knew name for The Dimeras, with a new drummer.



I kinda knew going in that I wanted this to be a really hot, pink, bright poster. I'm really happy working in pink for some reason. This is another step I could have used to make some underwater implications with blurs and filters and shit, but... I didn't want to fuck up the art too much. I dunno, I like the way the fish look. I think the text came out good too. Yeah, this worked! Booyah!

No comments: