Saturday, October 08, 2011

Mom's Meatloaf: Melt October 2011



It's October again at Melt bar & grilled, which means I'm blasting \, and that it's time for Mom's Meatloaf Melt! It's a meatloaf sandwich. Here's the desctription:
"A huge slab of homemade meatloaf smothered in a chipotle ketchup glaze with roasted garlic mashed redskin potatoes and muenster cheese. Vegetarian and vegan versions available."


I opted to return to the OG Hippo-Moms, From the first poster we did. I had this idea of looking out from inside the oven, there's something about the frame of it that works.



MELT's new Independence location opened yesterday! I might post this poster again and write more about it later. There's something to be said about the fact that a local restaurant is as successful as Melt is, and just how monumental that fact is in the context of the current local/national/global economic climate. I'm not sure I'm the person to say those things or have any real insight into that conversation, but I do know a lot about drawing the posters for promoting that local restaurant. We'll see, I guess, when I try to post that. AT ANY RATE, I have been to the new spot and I gotta say, it's pretty incredible. It's got the same exact vibe as both the Lakewood original, and the Cleveland Heights 2.0, but it's got these really high ceilings and it makes it feel HUGE. One thing I do want to point out is that Jake Kelly really outdid himself with his mural for the wall there. It's big, and just crammed with amazing detail and deep Cleveland madness. My mind's blown by how Jake is escalating and leveling up exponentially the past few years. I'm glad I'm here to see this.



The deserts this month are Apple Crisp Bread Pudding and Pumpkin Cheesecake. I went with a superheroic theme this month. As with the last few Melt dessert card original drawings, this is available in the Shiner Comics Store. Click HERE for the specific listing.

No comments: