Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Systems



On the one hand, I feel like I'm repeating myself. On the other, I feel like you can never have enough posters of heavily tattooed females wielding weapons in a post-apocalyptic setting. Amps II Eleven, Cobra Verde, Hot Rails, and Little Sister. Happy Birthday, Chernus.

Sound of Young America has this interview with Greg Kot of Sound Opinions is pretty great, but the part I'm most interested in the parts where he talks about how in the music business, the old systems are done. This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately, as much of the graphic art and comics businesses pretty much share this scenario with the music industry. It's time for new systems.

I wish I could say I've thought about this to the point of knowing what any of those new systems would be or how they would work, but I haven't. It's a strange time to be alive and making your way through the world. It feels like everything is up for grabs.

Here's a great Planet Money podcast that talks about a previous system, in 12th Century Burgandy.

1 comment:

Sal Go said...

"I feel like you can never have enough posters of heavily tattooed females wielding weapons in a post-apocalyptic setting."

Amen, brother.