Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Say Anything



It's the second featured time of the month again, the second of May's Late Shift series at The Capitol Theatre, Say Anything, is screening this Saturday night. Melt bar & grilled is offering a special sandwich for the occasion, it's ridiculously verbose name is The I Gave Her My Heart, She Gave Me a Pen Melt. The sandwich has two sides, like the old McDLT, only not really because it's all on one sandwich. At any rate the ingredients are... THE HEART: Artichoke Hearts, Heart of Palm, Spinach and Garlic Strudel, THE PEN: Black Bean Hummus, Sweet Balsamic Reduction, THE CHEESE is Pepper Jack!



I stayed pretty close to the OG Say Anything poster. I just boosted up the Lloyed Dobler, but probably could have gone further. I'm not a huge fan of doing the likenesses, it's difficult as hell to nail the look and expression on a really recognizable face, but it is fun to try. I watched Say Anything while I was working on this, and I was pretty surprised at the Fishbone references and how much Fishbone music was in the movie.

I'm probably not going to the Midnight screening of Say Anything on Saturday, but I'm definitely planning on going to the Midnight screening of Pirates of The Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides tomorrow night. In 3D. I know, I know, pretty much everyone I know is totally sick of Pirates... well, NOT ME. Fountain of Youth? SOLD. Mermaids? SOLD. Ian McShane as Blackbeard? SOLD. 3D? At a movie theater in rolling distance from my house? SOLD. I'm taking the night off and going to watch that madness!

No comments: