Tuesday, May 10, 2011

PRIME TIME: Winner and Still Champion!



Melt bar and grilled's special for May is the Return to The Ring of the Flavorful Fan Favorite, the Bout Ya Can't Live Without, the Beef That's Got Beef, The Prime Time Prime Rib Melt.
The Prime Time Rib Melt!
Tender prime rib slow roasted with a cracked black peppercorn spice crust.
Sliced thin and stacked with cheesy roasted garlic mashed red skin potatoes and provolone cheese.
Zippy horseradish sauce and a deliciously rich au jus for dipping.
Vegetarian and vegan options!


With this poster, last year I kicked it off with a boxing fight style poster, juxtaposing a Bull versus a Rooster dressed as a Matador. This year, I decided to pay the ol' homage to one of the most famous boxing photos of all time. From when Muhammad Ali knocked out Sonny Liston in the first round of their rematch (it's kind of a deceptive photo actually, watch this).



So this month, instead of a diptych I did a black and white version, as a further homage to the piece.



Here's the line art, brush and ink drawing on 11" x 17" Bristol Board:



Here's the finished colors of the piece:



I did a couple other posters and some other art for Melt this month, so look for blog postings about them later this week. I know I don't post nearly enough, or take the time to type up nearly as much about these projects as I wish I could, but there are things to be drawn and things to be printed.

No comments: