Thursday, January 04, 2007

COCKBLOCKER BUM, SKETCHES, CDs

Been drawing regularily in my sketchbook. It's fun and cathartic. I'm trying to keep it up and do at least a couple pages a day.





I've gotten two new CDs from people in Cleveland lately. The first is a CD of a shitload of songs by a group called Thumbs Up! The group consists of John Rodemann. It's feelgood digital videogame music; lots of beats and bumpivity. For the uninitiated, "bumpivity" is a term coined by the Cleveland hip hop group The Chop Shop Renegades. I don't really know what it means in spite of the fact that it's the name of the title track on the CD they put out like, 5 years ago. Thumbs Up!'s "Sightless Dendrochronology" is way way better than that CD. Actually, with the lack of lyrical content this CD makes for great writing music.



The second of the CDs I've gotten lately is GAY EROTICA, a noisy punky raw spazzy three piece. It's only three songs, but they're all pretty badass, and they sound awesome. I only listened to this CD once so far so I don't have a lot to say about it, but my girl Hannah was in this band and that makes me happy. However, the other members both moved away, and they broke up and that makes me sad.

No comments: