Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bling Bling Bazaar 2



The Bling Bling Bazaar at Now That's Class, last December was a pretty big hit. I think this one's gonna be even more banging. They even set up a Myspace Profile.

I'm pretty sure I'll have Shiner #3 done and ready to debut for this event, but I'm not positive. Either way, I'll have a lot of posters and other zines and maybe some original art.

On the art side for this, even though I used a photo of my own car and made a reference for this from other sources, it's kind of an homage to this one image I always really really liked from this one Japanese comic called Tokyo Tribe, by Santa Inoue.



The comic is awesome, and crazy, and hyper-influenced by mid 90s East Coast Rap Music. It's been a long time since I read it, but the story is about all these different gangs in Tokyo going all out in street fights and over the top madness. Especially as the series progresses, I think. Here's another image I always liked:

No comments: