Friday, August 06, 2010

Champange of Fests IV



I didn't spend nearly enough time at this year's Champagne of Fests. I showed my face long enough to see SLOTH and the Scheible/Smiley duo on Saturday, then Nautical Almanac, the J Guy/Forbes Duo, and Emeralds on Sunday. I feel like I saw something else, but I don't remember what. It was all kind of a blur. Especially Saturday.

Both Nautical Almanac and Emeralds were completely amazing, in just incredibly divergent ways. Emeralds really really killed it. If you get the chance to see Emeralds play, DO IT.

Speaking of SLOTH, they'll be playing WRUW's Studio-A-Rama this year on September 11th! There's a bunch of other great acts this year: Afternoon Naps, Self Destruct Button, The Prisoners, and Sun God. Then the bands I've never heard of: Nick Riff's Freak Element, Fawn, The Ethiopians, and Teenage Grandpa.

Looking these other bands up, I was kind of hoping The Ethiopians were maybe, y'know, actual Ethiopians. That would have been great. I will be posting again about Studio-A, stay tuned!

No comments: