Thursday, December 02, 2010

The Dude Abides



This month at The Cedar Lee, the Late Shift feature is the amazing Coen Brothers piece The Big Lebowski. Oh, hey, The Late Shift has it's own facebook fan page. If you're into that kind of thing, become a fan!

In celebration of this cinematic achievement, Melt is offering the insane "The Dude Abides Melt", AKA: "Balls And Pins", AKA: "The 7-10 Split". It's Homemade Italian Style Beef and Pork Meatballs, Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, Provolone and Romano Cheeses, and Marinara Sauce. There are also specials on White Russians and a White Russian Bread Pudding desert special.

Here's the black and white line art, for your full on bowling image pleasure. I was skeptical when The Big Cheese, Matt Fish, asked me to draw the meatball and the mozzarella sticks in a bowling motif, but I gave it a shot and I think it worked out really well. Another thing I will say, it is reeeaaaly fun drawing The Dude and Walter. Seriously had a blast with these dudes. I should have scanned my roughs and other notes, but I forgot to.



Speaking of forgetting, last month's Late Shift film was The Road Warrior, and melt threw down with The Lord Humongous Turduckin Melt. I can't imagine what it would have been like to eat that thing, but goddamn. I mean, GODDAAMN. Apocalyptic.



Here's the colored illustration:



Here's a desert card I made for Melt this month, but the White Russian Bread Pudding is only available this weekend:



Here's the table card for the rest of the month, featuring the Sugar Cookie Peppermint Bread Pudding!:

No comments: