Thursday, November 05, 2009

The Cave



I just realized while I was working, that today is the last day I'll be working in The Cave. I just took this series of pictures to make this weird looking collage to mark the occasion. I love that both los dos gatitos got in it. That's Rider on the printer/copy machine, and Chalita on the kitty condo on the far right. It'll still be The Cave and I'll still live in it, but I'm moving the studio out into a space I'm renting behind Front Room Gallery. I think I'm going to call it The Monastery:



I've been working in this apartment since the day I moved in, ten years ago. I'm not sure how I feel about making the move, other than it really needs to be done. I'm looking forward to working in a new place, and having it separate from my home. At the same time, I'm not entirely sure what I'll actually DO in The Cave without the studio being here. I know my cats are probably going to love having a lot more space to hang out in.

Hey, look, I got a haircut:

No comments: