Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dinosaur Jr



The mask is for protection, as much as anything. It hides the truth under that smile, under that expression. Keeping any and all outside and at arm's length. Oh, don't worry, it's all good. The bandages cover up the nicks and scratches, the cuts and abrasions. Gives them time to heal, keeps them hidden. They'll go away. Soon, they'll be scars. Scars, chicks dig.

Harpoon? Through the chest? I don't know what you're talking about.



This poster has no practical application, the show Friday and sold out. So, yeah... commemorative poster anyone? Comment or get at me and I'll hook you up. Dinosaur Jr was actually the first band I ever saw live. They opened for Neil Young at Blossom when I was 14. Beckett Warren's dad took us and I think we got there just as they were playing. I remember it being super loud, but other than that, my memory is foggy. This is the first I've ever heard of Gypsy Nomads. I don't have a ticket, so I'll probably be in The Monastery drawing.

No comments: