Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Booksketch 01: The Talisman Chaper One



This is something I've been meaning to do for a while now. The plan is to do a drawing from every chapter of whatever book I'm reading. Originally, I was going to start with a shorter book like Heart of Darkness, or something I was pretty familiar with that I want to reread like The Iliad/Odyssey jam, but instead I'll be doing The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub. A close friend gave me her personal beat up old copy with no dust jacket for Christmas, telling me it's her very favorite book. It's apparently an adventure story, a hero's journey. I'm pretty excited to get deep with it. So far, I'm through the first part and I like it a lot.

What I didn't realize when I decided to start this one, was that Del Ray is actually publishing comics adaptations of The Talisman, which I am going to purposely avoid so I can interpret the text visually without any influence. Here's more info, on Stephen King's website.

Being that I read a lot faster than a chapter a week, I'll probably be posting these more frequently than that. I hope so at least.

1 comment:

X said...

your work is insanely good lately, i will always love how you use splatter