Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The Hungry Hungarian!



Another month, another sandwich special at Melt Bar & Grilled... The Hungry Hungarian Melt!

Getting started a little late here in 2010, I should have posted this five days ago. Things are super busy, and show no signs of slowing down any time soon. I've actually already eaten this sandwich, the vegetarian version, and it is freaking awesome.

Here's what Melt has to say about it...
JANUARY SANDWICH SPECIAL:

The Hungry Hungarian Paprikash Melt
(Yes, the longest special sandwich name yet!!)

Pulled Roasted Chicken
Huge Homemade Dumplings
Creamy Paprikash Sauce
Provolone

Amazing Vegetarian Version Available!!
sorry, no vegan option this month... next month for sure - we promise!!
Oh My Gosh... It's Paprikash!!!


This was one of the sandwiches that I actually had no idea what it looked like, so I kind of had to make it up, and send it to Matt Fish and see what he thought. Here's the rough:



He approved, and so I got to drawing. Here's the black and white:



It was also Matt's idea to have the poster centered around a "Hungarian dumpling eating contest". Other than that, there were no specifics. I mined a familiar cast of characters, and added a few more. I have no idea what's going on with that big green three eyed alien dude, but he and his XXL Heavy Hitter homies just got taken to school by Ladybird.



I highly recommend this sandwich. I feel like if I get it again, I'll try it with another kind of cheese, or maybe just add another cheese in addition to the Provolone. I spent New Years Eve at Melt, and had a Smoked Gouda Kindergarten (the basic grilled cheese) with Spinach and Caramelized Onions add-ons. My friend Big Granny got a Cheddar-Jack Kindergarten with Salsa and Avocado add-ons, also went with a creamy chipotle dipping sauce. Big Granny is a genius.

By the way, you can order a limited signed and numbered print of this poster at Melt's website, in the store: http://www.meltbarandgrilled.com/shop-at-melt/!

No comments: