Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Moves Minus Logic



From a million miles away, time bends and makes moves minus logic and reason. It's 1885 and H. Rider Haggard is inventing the Lost World genre. It's a hundred years later and Slick Rick is writing Children's Story. It's 1162 and a baby named Temüjin is born somewhere in Mongolia, with a blood clot in his fist. It's 1939 and Rudyard Kipling by way of Cary Grant tells the world "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din". It's 2009 and the Red Winged Blackbirds are back from their journeys. It's 1959 and the 14th Dalai Lama is fleeing Tibet.

It's March 27th, 2010 and Kid Tested, JJ Magazine, and Old Hundred are playing at the Happy Dog.



This was a lot of fun to draw, moves plus magic. I'm hearing someone say "awesome" without irony. This being the second of a disjointed series, here being the first.

The temperature has dropped again but there's a lot more work to be done. I'm holding onto you with my right arm, hoping we don't fall with my left. I'm pretty sure I'm strong enough, but if there were ever a moment to be a lot stronger, this would be it.

A kitten is saving hearts by his name and lazy eye. A Legend crosses over whole. Secret Kings now hold sway. Now the Mice are the loudest. Now we're on the roof looking for our homes. Now I'm on the ground looking up at the ending. Now celebrating a 315th birthday, on the surface of Mars. Now surrounded by seven ghosts. Now a Magenta Wolf.

Now Challa Hides:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called a "doll eye," not a lazy eye. :)

Anonymous said...

This post kinda makes me wish every day was Tuesday.

John G said...

Dr. First Anonymous Commentator: "Doll eye", of course! All I know is it apparently turns a certain tough guy into a cute tough guy. I'm speaking of the kitten mentioned.

Ms. Second Anonymous Commentator: Every day might be a stretch, but I'll see what I can do about turning some of these other days into Tuesdays.

Anonymous said...

If only Tuesday could be replicated. It is the perfect day. It's the only day for lingering,for standing in the elements holding a warm cup. No other day would be the same. There is beauty in routine and and ritual.But maybe that is self seeking of me. Who am I to deny pastries?