Friday, December 02, 2011

The Mighty Mac Strikes Back: Dec 2011 at Melt!



It's December again, so that means it's time again for our old pal the Macaroni Penguin o break out that scarf and brave the elements to have fun out in the cold weather and build up the hard earned hunger for a Mighty Macaroni Melt at Melt Bar and Grilled.

The Mighty Macaroni Melt is Creamy Homemade Macaroni & Cheese, Breaded and Fried To a Golden Brown, with MORE CHEESE, Choose your favorite! I've heard some amazing combinations like Pepper-Jack and then the Bacon Add-On, or Cream Cheese and Cheddar with the JalapeƱo Add-On (which is what I want to try once I finally get mine this December). You should definitely feel free to head over to the Melt Facebook Page and post your cheese/add-on combinations for all to see!



Tonight (which is pretty much over), and Tomorrow (Saturday Dec 3rd, 2011) The DUDEFATHER is on special as a cross promotion with Cleveland Cinema's annual screening of The Big Lebowski at The Cedar Lee. This sandwich is actually made up of items that are on the menu all the time! So fear not, if you can't get to Melt tomorrow, you can just order this whenever you're in the mood to smash a crazy huge sandwich!



This is one of the specials I've been most excited for this year. The Gizmo Chicken and Waffles Melt! Again, this is a tie-in with Cleveland Cinema's screening of Gremlins on December 17th at The Capitol Theatre, which... I dunno about you, but I think Gremlins is one of the best Holiday movie traditions this side of DIE HARD. At any rate, on the sandwich: Ultra Crispy Fried Chicken Breast, Fluffy Scratch Made Waffles, Pepper-Jack Cheese, served with Bourbon Maple Syrup Dipping Sauce and Melt's Signature Habanero Hot Sauce on the side.

This poster was actually really challenging to draw, gremlins, they're tough little guys. I had to watch the movie multiple times to get them right. I feel like while I was working on the poster I listened to an episode of Stop Podcasting Yourself where they talk about how Gremlins re just little guys that really really like to party, but I'm not entirely sure which episode it was. I do know that they just did a LIVE Episode, and it was one of the most incredibly hysterical things I've listened to in a long time.



Here's the desert card design for December. Continuing with the same characters from last month, I'm going to follow this path as far as it will take us. We're still in the getting to know you phase of the dessert crew though. Probably will be for a long time. Seriously though, Hot Cocoa Rice Krispie Treat Bred Pudding!

Thanks for reading, and keep checking back, I'll be trying to post more frequently!

No comments: