Tuesday, February 07, 2012

A Bag of Heads



Do you ever wish you were Frankenstein's Monster? Do you ever wish you could stomp with a bag of heads? This show is tonight so I'm posting this right now. I have a bunch of other posters to post, and, of course, there's this month's monumental amount of marketing materials I made to move millions of Melt masterpieces I still have to get up and on this site. The trick is finding the moments between hard drawing and mad navigating the choppy waters of reality to type, upload, and employ the old hypertext management language skills to join the fray of the information superhighway. It's so time consuming, and I am still mystified as to why.

At any rate, GOATWHORE is playing Now That's Class tonight. I like Goatwhore, especially Carving Out The Eyes of God. Strong Intention, the mighty RINGWORM, and Befallen are all also playing.

I confess I was pretty heavily influenced by the recent Hellboy book House of The Living Dead, which has both subtle and overt homages to the classic Universal Horror movies like Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolf-Man, and The Mummy. I've been spending a lot of time lately in the world of horror stories, and these are some of the best. Another great influence on my senses at the moment has been this book, a collection of Bernie Wrightson's CREEPY and EERIE comics, CREEPY Presents Bernie Wrightson. It really got me stoked to cover as much of the drawing with black ink as I could, and I think it came out pretty good.

No comments: