Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Soul Vegetarian



This month's Special at Melt Bar & Grilled is the Soul Vegetarian!

THE SOUL VEGETARIAN

Fried Green Tomatoes

Vegetarian Collard Greens

Jalapeño Cornbread

Spicy Black Eyed Pea Purée

Pepper-Jack Cheese

It is time to let your soul glow!!


I was shooting for an "end of summer" vibe with this one, like, the last chance to have a picnic with that special someone. I like keeping things different, and even though I've used a similar idea and color scheme, I think it's been a rare occurrence that I've done anything that could be taken as "romantic". I'm not fundamentally opposed to romance, just... it rarely comes up... y'know, in my poster work. My story in Shiner #2, "Date With a Zinedealer", was a romance story. Maybe I'll post that here soon?

This is a great sandwich. That Jalapeño Corn Bread... man, so good.

No comments: