Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Best Of ...2009



This is what that self portrait was for.

What I really like about being a part of Cleveland Scene's Best Of issue as "Best Concert Poster Artist"is mostly being sandwiched in between a piece about a night once a month where nationally popular DJs play Biggie, Snoop, and Dr. Dre songs in the basement of a club (which, I still listen to Dre's hugely influential The Chronic at least a couple times a month if not more often) and a piece about Kate Voegele, a super young celebrity singer/actress on a major label/TV teen drama (I'm sure she's awesome, but I wouldn't know her if she walked right up to me and told me who she was).I'm also pumped on the mention of Flip Mo Pi. What a dog! The mention of Died Young Stayed Pretty is also pretty cool.

That issue came out last Wednesday. Last year I drew all the art for the issue. When I think of the monumental amount of stuff I've done in the last year, and all the stuff I'm working on for the coming months, it kind of freaks me out. I have so much work to do!

No comments: