Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Scum City



This poster, commissioned by The Don of world famous Cicli Polito, is for a bicycle racing event of some insane type. I've done things for Cicli Polito before, specifically a nine foot square display backdrop. I love drawing bicycles. It's hard and weird and looks awesome when you pull it off.



At first I thought I'd go with a background, destroyed city scape, my usual heavy jam. Then I thought better of it. This poster is also going to be printed and laminated at something like, 3" x 4" and be used as a spoke card for the participants of this event. I figured the lass complicated the better for an image at that size. Of course, I never did any proofs or test prints to try this theory out, but... either way, this came out great. I like the simpler background too.



Alright, back to work.

No comments: