Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Sweet Desserts



I've only been doing the tablecards for Melt bar & grilled for a few months, but it feels like I've made a lot of them.

UPDATE: There was a bunch of stuff about type and text and mistakes here, but I cut it out because I fixed it all.

True Story: Yesterday, a seven year old told me about how awesome the Red Velvet Cheesecake is.



I based this table card art on my homies Joe Penzvälto and Carolina Amunátegui. They're good peoples, and I like them a hell of a lot more than most people their age. They love Melt, and I figured they wouldn't mind if I co-opted their likenesses for this jam.



As you can see, they're quite the handsome couple. I've done this before, when I used my other good friends Zip and Gator for a Melt ad.



I don't think I had used any robots in a while, at least not for Melt stuff, and I was feeling kinda like I needed to. Also, I wasn't entirely certain what animal character Carolina would be, and she was a wicked Karen O (who?) for Halloween this past year. Joe as a koala was a no-brainer. Also, I was told that is his "power animal".

No comments: